Are you renovating your laundry in the Western Suburbs of Brisbane? Check out our electrical installation tips.
We recently completed a laundry renovation in Chelmer and installed some smart technologies to solve some common issues in a laundry.
They client wanted the following issues sorted out:
- Remove steam caused by running the dryer
- Turn off power to iron when not in use
- Increase the amount of light
- They wanted a power point for their Dyson stick vacuum
- We installed two Clipsal led down lights in the ceiling this dramatically increased the light level and because they are led they have also reduced the power consumption in the laundry.
- We installed a Clipsal exhaust fan in the ceiling and ducted this to outside, we installed a Cabac timer switch so when the client turns on the dryer they just press the switch and the exhaust fan will run for 2 hours which will get rid of the steam stopping mould and mildew build up.
- We installed a Trader, Power Mesh double power point which lets the user control the power point with Blue tooth. We programmed the outlet for the iron to turn off after 30 mins. This ensures that if they do leave the iron on by mistake it won’t stay on all day.
- We installed a Clipsal double power point in the nook for the Dyson vacuum cleaner providing a neat solution.
It’s often easier to install cabling during the renovation process than when all the walls and ceiling are all sheeted up and painted. Thus it is important to consult with your local Brisbane Electrician early to ensure that everything you need is covered. Doing a consultation could take as little as 30 minutes which will save you time and issues when completing the renovation.
For the supply and installation of the 2 down lights, exhaust fan, timer switch, 3 gang light switch and Power Mesh double power point it cost the client only $965+gst. If you would like a personalised quotation please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
If your renovating your bathroom don’t hesitate to get in touch to discuss your electrical requirements. We service most areas in Brisbane. You will find we have an electrician near you.